AC Research, Inc. / Junior Electrical Engineer Position Posting
Jersey City, NJ
What we do
AC Research, Inc is a research firm currently engaged in cutting edge RF communications and motor control projects for private clients.
What we’re looking for
We need a creative, diligent and fast-thinking Junior Electrical Engineer with a broad technical background and a specific focus in RF applications. In other words, preferably one that gets excited about antennas, HAM Radio and Pick and Place machines.
The ideal candidate will be a self-tasking individual responsible for board troubleshooting and minor design changes for circuits supporting microwave radio systems. The candidate must be detail oriented with proven experience working with a team and effectively communicating with suppliers, clients and internal and external colleagues.
- 2 years experience in an engineering environment (Hackerspace experience included!)
- Surface mount soldering and rework experience
- Experience using Altium or Eagle PCB design software
- Familiarity with common RF elements such as amplifiers, filters, mixers, couplers, oscillators, ADC/DAC
- Thorough in approach to testing and documentation
- 2-5 years of progressively higher experience in prototyping circuit boards for RF applications
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- “Extra” class HAM radio license (or ability to pass the test if asked)
- Experience with Pick and Place machines
- Familiarity using spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, signal generator
Core Responsibility: Building and performing QA work on prototype boards and assisting with production and implementation of finalized hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reading and drafting electrical schematics and performing pre-production testing in Altium and Eagle PCB design software
- Identify and procure necessary components, prototype circuit boards and assemble necessary components.
- Lab testing and QA work for assembled PCBs in simulated field conditions
- Documenting findings of QA work and working with engineers to formulate solutions
- Continually document progress and draft periodic progress reports
- Other RF lab duties as assigned to facilitate design and production work.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
To apply, send your resume in .rtf format and a 500 word or less in-line cover letter (not an attachment) to email@example.com with the subject line Junior Electrical Engineer.